Carrozzeria A.C. Plast Robbiese: the Industry 4.0 revolution in a small company operating in the field of refrigerated fittings
A pioneer in the market, for over 60 years Carrozzeria A.C. Plast Robbiese has been providing services in the special vehicles sector, constructions, and refrigerated fittings, offering customers complete assistance and consultancy on the best available technological solutions. Specifically, with 30 employees in production and 4 in administration, it manufactures van conversions and refrigerated insulation for vans.
In 2020, the company decided to make its machinery fleet 4.0 by interconnecting 1 ROVER BIESSE for milling and roughing of refrigerated panels, taking advantage of the tax benefits of the Transition Plan 4.0: this marks the beginning of the relationship with Orchestra, aimed at leading the company to the adoption of digital technology in its daily operations.
In order to optimize the management of the production order in all processes, the digital factory system adopted was the SMARTCONNECTION software by BIESSE “powered by RETUNER®”: MES developed by BIESSE and RETUNER®, the product suite of Orchestra, specifically designed for small and medium-sized enterprises operating in the refrigerated industry.
Among the benefits observed with the digitization of the production process are:
- Access to real-time updated data to check the machine’s status at any time
- Greater control over product processing times, resulting in increased production efficiency
- Better planning of processing phases through the analysis of transmitted data
- Possibility of an evolution of production processes through interaction between different plants
- Quality control to maintain the requirements for obtaining ISO 9001 Certification on the Quality Management System
- Possibility of integrating a system of printers with the machine to create labels for company products
- Product traceability
The product met the expectations of Carrozzeria so much that it led the owner, Nicolò Zoldan, to want to extend SMARTCONNECTION to other machines to make them 4.0 and to declare, “easy to use and intuitive program.”